Digital public relations (PR) has overtaken the traditional focus on print, TV and radio, much like social media and content creation have become the new marketing goal standard for successful brands.
Though digital marketing and public relations may seem similar, they are actually separate functions with the same purpose: to grow your business. The difference is that PR grows your business by fostering positive relationships with stakeholders and the press.
PR strategists do this by managing your reputation via internal and external communications, earning you exposure by selling your brand and values. Digital public relations strategies can even positively impact search engine optimisation (SEO) when carried out to a high standard. This is because PR requires understanding Google’s ranking signals and guidelines to improve your website’s visibility.
How do Public Relations work?
Digital PR focuses on helping you to reach your target audience. It generally does this by featuring your business on websites and in online publications that your customers love. Often, we achieve this by securing honest customer reviews and high-quality backlinks from relevant and related websites and blogs.
There are many different ways for PR strategists to expand the reach of your company this way, some of which include:
- Networking with journalists and editors to gain high-quality backlinks
- Publishing articles online, also to gain backlinks
- Publishing press releases to earn press features
- Influencer marketing, gaining mentions on relevant social media accounts
- Affiliate programmes
In essence, Digital PR includes developing relationships with any influencer or media outlet that has reach and credibility with your target audience. The only real difference between this and traditional marketing is that we use this tactic via online channels only.
Why Public Relations (PR) is Essential
Digital public relations can have direct and indirect benefits for your business. When correctly implemented, it can significantly boost your brand awareness by introducing your business to interested audiences and similar companies.
Additional benefits of skilled digital PR include:
- Increased traffic to your site through organic exposure via blogs and social media
- Improve your rankings in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) by publishing on high-authority websites
- Build brand trust. A PR team can make sure the public sees you in the most positive light, regardless of the circumstances
- Generate leads by putting your company, services and products in front of an interested audience
- Increase sales by generating leads and putting quality content on your website
Why Use Pivotal?
At Pivotal, our team of digital public relations experts have a wealth of experience and connections. Using effective and proven strategies, we can pitch your content to the right target audience, helping your message reach the most receptive ears.
We can do the research for you, and contact the best high authority sites and bloggers to foster relationships that will increase your brand awareness. If you have your own content ready to go, we can use that, or we can create the content for you.
We’ll also use our expertise to manage your PR across social platforms and make sure that social media and content are an important part of your marketing campaign.
Our services include:
- Content creation
- Social media marketing and management
- Online reputation management
- Press and media relations
- Influencer research and identification
- Relevant relationship building
- Event management