Who we are?
Pivotal is a top end, full stack eCommerce solutions provider targeting Magento across the board with specialists in web development, architecture, integration, business analysis, SEO, PPC, CRO and SMO.
Salary of £28,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience, qualifications and technical ability.
40 hours per week from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Which includes a paid 1-hour lunch break.
All work to be carried out in our Norwich office, as an on-site position. Candidate must be willing to commute or relocate to Norwich. This is not a work from home or remote role.
Applications open on 17th February 2020 and will be open for 6 weeks, closing date 18th March 2020.
The Web Developer will report directly to our Development Manager.
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Development within a new media environment.
- Working creatively within a structured team, with good communication skills.
- Liaising with Indian development team ensuring tasks delegated by senior staff are being followed through, with language barrier not being an issue.
- Client facing when needed and required to discuss and define requirements for websites. Discuss and propose design options with the client.
- Debugging and fixing existing websites.
- Development of new websites from the ground up in an Agile environment.
- Development of custom modules using MVC Framework.
- Development of custom and off the shelf relational database systems.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope, to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- All work to be done with security in mind to minimise data breaches/security concerns, such as GDPR. Also, whilst helping clients to become PCI compliant – or any explicit framework requirements for the client.
- Publish content for websites, which has been written by content managers.
- Competent at user acceptance testing (UAT) across multiple platforms and devices throughout all development stages, including pre-go live.
- Follow set procedure for website deployments and go live.
- At the very minimum of three-year’s experience developing in Magento or five years developing in a PHP framework (ideally Zend).
- Ability to plan and manage own workloads in a logical manner of tasks delegated by manager.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of security, risks, requirements and frameworks.
- Ability to communicate and work closely within the development team.
- A proven track record in testing, debugging and fixing existing websites.
- A proven track record in testing, debugging and fixing existing e-commerce websites
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in Hindi language, Gujarati language & English language – as responsible for communication between our Indian and English teams.
- Experience of eCommerce security principles.
- Experience in an agency environment covering multiple projects across multiple platforms concurrently.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to come up with ideas, specifications and technical solutions.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST / SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Magento certified developer or willing to become certified.
- Working knowledge of a Full Stack Developer including other Web Technologies e.g; Apache, Nginx, Linux (CLI)
Send us your CV and covering letter if you feel your the right person for this role